Foundation for the Conservation of Red-pied Friesian CattleThe Foundation of Red-pied Friesian Cattle was established in 1993 to prevent the extinction of this rare breed. In cooperation with Dutch farmers, the foundation formulates breeding programmes, registers farmers with red-pied Friesian cattle, contacts agencies and gives information.
The foundation's objective
The objective of the Foundation of Red-pied Friesian Cattle is the conservation of red-pied Friesian cattle in which the animal's economic purpose is taken into account. Partly as a consequence of the efforts of the foundation, the number of red-pied Friesian cattle is increasing every year.
The foundation's activities
- Listing and registration of red-pied Friesian cattle.
- Contacting farmers and institutions.
- Formulating and implementing breeding programmes in cooperation with farmers and the Dutch Centre of Genetic Resources (CGN - Centrum voor Genetische Bronnen Nederland).
- Incidentally acquiring of animals that are threatened with extinction.
- Research of, among other things, blood types.
- Information and promotion.